The MPC Model 358 Dual Head Shed Winder
combines its two shed heads and four-station index table for optimum winding
productivity with state-of-the-art machine and tooling technology, to produce
the ultimate coil generator.
Because of MPC's many years of experience in shed winders and its
use of the field-proven, patented "Gearloc" method of shaft stabilization,
the 358 provides the highest quality and reliability available.
The MPC Model 358 Winder features an IBM compatible computer control
using an SVGA color monitor.
Our latest enhancements provide for faster changeovers and improved
machine up-time. Features include manual or automatic synchronous stack
height set-up, MPC's "Tensitrol" wire tension control and precision
AC servo actuated jump. The improved wire handling execution and accurate
control of each winding flyer maintains optimum interpole crossovers inside
the transfer tooling.
Large photo of Model 358
Model 358 Technical Specifications
- IBM compatible controls that feature high flexibility, diagnostics
with fault storage and setup via model number input.
- Four-station index table with dual cam roller index mechanism.
- Automatic or manual synchronous adjustment of winding mandrels and
winding head for stack height changes.
- AC servo head winding head spindle drive.
- Precision AC servo drive jump mechanism.
- Internal stripper in winding mandrels.
- Quick change winding mandrels.
- Interpoles maintained inside transfer tool.
- Improved, more direct, wire feed path in winding head.
- "Tensitrol" wire tension control with live vernier adjustment.
- Splined mandrel shaft (T-Bar) providing long life with take-up for
- Dynamically balanced high speed winding head spindle with lifetime
- Small floor space requirement.
- Machine mounted on heavy duty casters for portability.
- Full one-year warranty on spindle and bearings.
- Adaptable to full automation.